1. What happens to my monthly membership?
All monthly memberships were reactivated October 1, 2020, unless you previously canceled your monthly membership. Automated withdraw dates are determined based on your previously monthly charges. For example, if your withdraw date was between the 1st and the 14th of the month, your new automatic withdraw date will be on the 15th of the month. If your withdraw date was between the 15th and the end of the month, your new withdraw date would be on the 1st of the month.
2. What happens to my annual and semi-annual membership?
Deadline to claim an extension was December 30, 2020. No refunds will be issued.
3. How is the building cleaned?
- The entire building is deep cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- We have tripled the number of hand sanitizers
- Physically spaced out areas of the building to ensure appropriate social distancing
- Installed a 67 linear ft. sneeze guard around the welcome center desk
- Negative pressure/HVAC
- Contactless Entry
- Follow all CDC Guidelines in regards to chlorine & pools.
- Daily health screenings for staff includes temperature check, pulse ox, hand sanitizing, and staff will wear a mask during their shift.
- Every two hours cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting stations.
4. Do I have to wear a mask to the Y?
Masks are required in our facility.
5. What are the hours of operation?
CARDIO/LOWER LEVEL FITNESS HOURS
*Aquatics hours of operation differ.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 5:30 am- 8:00 pm
Tuesdays/Thursdays: 7:00 am- 8:00 pm
Saturdays: 7:30 am- 1:00 pm
What areas in the facility are OPEN?
- Cardio Room: We have evenly spaced out cardio equipment a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Track/Lower Level/Boxing Room Ages 14 & up unless youth passport has been completed
- Warm Water Pool (Adult Fitness and Aqua Fitness Classes by online reservation only)
- Main Pool (Lap Swim by online reservation only) Ages 14 & up unless youth passport has been completed.
- Sally Schenkman ADA Locker Room (For access to pool only)
- Mens & Womens Locker Room for bathroom/changing after pool use only.
7. What areas in the facility are CLOSED?
- Group Fitness Studios (Indoor Group Fitness Classes are held in the gymnasium)
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Water Fountains (Bottle Filler Available)
8. What are my responsibilities as a member of the Y?
- Health Screening upon entry
- STAY HOME if you are sick
- Sanitize your hands upon entry
- Self-scan at new contactless Welcome Center
- Navigate building with mask
- Reserve lane online for lap swim & Warm Water Pool
- Wipe down equipment before & after use
- Due to social distancing guidelines, no congregating in or on the Y property
- Follow traffic patterns
- Adhere to all policies of the Y specific to the activity you are participating in
STAFF WILL BE HELD TO THESE SAME STANDARDS.
How do I reserve my pool time?
In order for the YMCA to maintain compliance with the Health Department and State of New Jersey guidelines, we will be requiring a reservation from members to attend pool time. Reservations can be made 23 hours in advance, and up to the time the session starts or when full. Your safety and the safety of others are our top priority. Please read the policies below and help us to provide programming in an equitable and safe way for all.
- You may reserve your slot online 23 hours in advance. Reservations close when the session starts or when class is full.
- You may only make a reservation for yourself.
- If you are unable to attend, please remove yourself (go to your confirmation email confirming your day/time and it will prompt you to cancel your reservation) or call the Welcome Center to cancel your reservation, so other members may participate.
Making a Reservation
- Call the Welcome Center 973.366.1120 to reactivate your membership
- You will be assigned an online user (provide email address) and will receive an email to reset your password to log into your account
- Once logged in, go to the schedules tab on www.randolphymca.org
- Find the time slot you wish to participate in, click 'Reserve'
- Follow all prompts to reserve your spot.
- Your class will be added to your cart
- Scroll down and click the blue 'Complete' button
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email used to log into your account.
You may be asked to show proof of class reservation if you are not on the roster prior to the class.
Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to go through a Health Screening/Temperature Check. A face covering is required until you get to designated lane. Participants will not be allowed in 5 minutes after the start of the pool time.
Remember to be respectful and mindful of social distancing at all times; members are asked not to congregate before or after.
How should I plan for my first visit?
Please plan on arriving no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time slot. You will enter through the front door and you will stop at Station 1 or Station 2 at the Welcome Center to have your photo taken. (We have a new membership system and all members need new photos taken) We will also link your existing membership ID card to your account and text/email it to you. All future visits will consist of bringing your membership ID card and scanning it at our ‘Fast Pass’ station.
Who is eligible to sign up for time slots?
- Main Pool- ages 12 and over
12-13 Year olds are allowed to sign up for lap swimming if they have a current Youth Passport on file or have been a Randolph YMCA Swim team member. Parents/guardians must agree to the Minor Waiver included at each registration.
Warm Water Pool- ages 16 and over
How long are the time slots and can I sign up for multiple slots at a time?
At this time, swimmers are limited to either (1) 30-minute or (1) 45-minute time slot per day.
What can I expect when I come to the YMCA to swim?
- Please arrive pre-showered at home and in your bathing suit.
- You will be given a health screening and a temperature check at the Welcome Center each time you come to the YMCA.
- You will be directed to enter the pool areas through the Sally Schenkman ADA Locker Room only.
- You will only be allowed into the pool area when it is your designated time. Please abide by social distancing protocols while waiting.
- You will be assigned to a lane by the Aquatic Deck Supervisor.
- You will be asked to clear the pool when your time slot is over.
- You will exit to your designated locker room and then out the main exit of the building.
Please note: You may arrive up to 15 minutes early max, and will be turned away if more than 5 minutes late. Please do not congregate in groups in or around the YMCA property.
What do I need to bring/wear when I come to the YMCA to swim?
- You must arrive in your bathing suit and deck shoes (typical street shoes are not allowed)
- Please bring a bag to put your clothes/towels in while you swim. You will hang your belongings on a hook at the end your lane.
- You must arrive in your suit and then may use the locker room to change.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
Face coverings will be worn by staff and patrons while navigating the parking lot, Welcome Center, pool areas, and any time social distancing of 6’ cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings are NOT allowed in the water
- Lifeguards will NOT wear face coverings while on duty actively guarding
Will I have access to the bathroom/locker rooms?
You will have access to bathrooms. There is no use of showers at this time.
Can I use YMCA equipment or bring my own?
At this time, fins are the only acceptable personal equipment you are able to bring from home. You will not have access to shared equipment at the YMCA unless Y staff determines you require an approved flotation belt for your safety. Please wear a swim cap and googles. Water bottles are allowed on deck.
Will the hot tub, steam room or sauna be available?
The hot tub, steam room, and sauna are not open at this time.
What is the inclement weather policy?
If we experience inclement weather such as thunder/lightning or hail, the pool will be closed for 30 minutes as per our policy. Swimmers will be asked to exit the building and that time slot will be canceled. There are no makeups or prolonged stay for missed time.
The Randolph YMCA is closely following NJ State mandated guidelines pursuant to Executive Order 153, 157 and Executive Directive 20-022. We are using the guidance of the CDC and our Local Health Authority, as well as the NJ State Bather Code to provide the safest operations possible. We realize that things will look very different, particularly in health, safety and social distancing practices.
We ask for your patience and cooperation as we continue to navigate through ever-changing best practices. Remember that the lifeguard’s main priority is safety, and please direct any questions/concerns to the Aquatic Deck Supervisor on duty.
COVID-19 vaccinations are underway across New Jersey. To Pre-Register for the vaccine please follow the link below: