The month of February brought return to racing for the RANY Sharks along with quite a bit of snow. Our Sharks were eager to return to action to achieve new best times and to show off their hard work. The Sharks raced over 3 weekends in February and each group achieved great success. Between the three meets we had 409 best times, 112 YMCA Silver times, and 30 State times.
Our first weekend of racing started on February 6th with our Juniors, Age Group 1, and Age Group 2 at CCM. Our Juniors swam all four strokes to get a base line of their progress for their coaches to continue to help them develop their foundations. Our Age Group 1 and Age Group 2 groups swam various events that they haven't had a chance to yet this season. Unfortunately on Super Bowl Sunday we had to postpone Sunday's events due to the weather. They picked up back the following weekend to continued great success.
Some of the highlights from our EPIC time drops from Juniors, Age Group 1, and Age Group 2:
- Emma A dropped 18.4 seconds in her 100 IM.
- Grace B dropped 8.9 seconds in her 100 Breast.
- Emily C dropped 12.0 seconds in her 200 Free.
- Cooper E dropped 8.3 seconds in his 100 IM.
- Navi K dropped 43.4 seconds in her 200 Free.
- Jake O dropped 16.6 seconds in the 50 Free
- Jayden P dropped 21.3 seconds in the 100 IM.
- Rohinish R dropped 22.0 seconds in the 100 Back.
- Peyton S dropped 13.5 seconds in the 100 IM.
Our next weekend of racing featured our Age Group 3 and Senior Prep swimmers. Both groups have been hard at work this season working hard on becoming well rounded and tough athletes. These swimmers are asked to give their all at practices. The results certainly showed with some big swims and certainly bring a lot of promise to their end of season and future.
Some of the highlights from the Age Group 3 and Senior Prep meet:
- Ryan A dropped 27.5 seconds in the 200 IM.
- Zoey B dropped 15.4 seconds in the 200 IM.
- Danielle C dropped 44.6 seconds in the 400 IM.
- Eva C dropped 14.2 seconds in the 200 Free.
- Matthew E dropped 16.11 seconds in the 200 Free.
- Peyton E dropped 14.6 seconds in the 200 Fly.
- Adam M dropped 10.9 seconds in the 100 Free.
- Kari M dropped 35.7 seconds in the 500 Free.
- Grayson P dropped 16.7 seconds in the 200 Back.
- Addie S dropped 12.2 seconds in the 200 Free.
Our final February Meet featured our Seniors Group and 3 Senior Prep athletes. These swimmers have been gutting through a grueling training period in preparation for our End of Season Meets. Many of them are also balancing their short High School Swim Season as well. We were happy to get up on the blocks and have the opportunity to practice our race plans.
Some of the highlights for these swimmers:
- Michael B dropped 3.0 seconds in the 100 Back.
- Lauren K dropped 3.4 seconds in the 100 Breast.
- Caroline K dropped 25.3 seconds in the 500 Free.
- Dylan M dropped 2.2 seconds in the 100 Fly.
- Aidan O dropped 8.7 seconds in the 200 Back.
- Anthony T dropped 2.7 seconds in the 400 IM.
Congratulations to all our RANY Sharks on our terrific February Meets. We look forward to seeing your success in March!