Aqua fitness classes allow you to exercise every muscle and every joint in your body all at the same time. Anyone, no matter your age, can perform water aerobics. Water causes your body to be buoyant, thus causing less strain and stress on your joints and muscles. Don't worry, though, you still get the maximum work out when you perform aqua fitness. All classes will be held in the Warm Water Pool with a max of 10 people per class, socially distanced. Walk-ins are not permitted at this time. Online reservation opens 23 hours in advance to your class time and closes 1 hour before or when the class is full.
ONLINE RESERVATION REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN AQUA FITNESS CLASSES & CURRENT YMCA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED.
|Mondays||10:00-10:45 am||Calm Waters||Colleen|
|Thursdays||9:00-9:45 am||Total Aqua Mobility||Colleen|
|Thursdays||10:00-10:45 am||AFA- Arthritis Foundation Approved||AnnMarie|
- Please arrive pre-showered at home and in your bathing suit.
- You must arrive in your suit. Locker rooms will be available for changing after class.
- Face coverings will be worn by staff and patrons while navigating the parking lot, Welcome Center, pool areas, and any time social distancing of 6’ cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings are NOT allowed in the water
- Lifeguards will NOT wear face coverings while on duty actively guarding
- Individuals must be able to access the facility independently, including navigating steps, curbs, and emergency evacuation routes.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to go through a Health Screening/Temperature Check. A face covering is required until you get to designated area in the pool. Participants will not be allowed in 5 minutes after the start of the pool time.
A combination of exercises and stretches guaranteed to make your day.
Give your back a break with our newest class specifically targeting bad backs. Improve postural alignment, strength, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance.
AFA-Arthritis Foundation Approved
Class uses a variety of water-based exercises to increase physical activity among adults with arthritis. Designed to aid in pain relief, improve flexibility, range or motion and muscle strength. Light cardio included. Shallow water class.
This low impact class will take you through a series of exercises to help you feel mobile and fluid and ready to start the day no matter which way you choose to go.
A combination of stretching, yoga and Aichi leaving you feeling calm and relaxed.