WE ARE SO MUCH MORE THAN A SWIM SCHOOL.
- 40-minute lessons (Most swim schools only offer 30-minute lessons)
- For Safety-Kids learn how to be safe in and around water.
- 3:1 Ratio With small instructor to student ratio, we provide personal instruction and safety around water information, while providing a fun atmosphere.
- New! Payment Plan Available
- Classes are held in our 90 degree Warm Water Pool
- Our pools are safe, clean & well-maintained.
- 10% sibling discount
- Full Members-work out while your child in lessons! (Child must be 8+)
- BRAND NEW-Family Changing Locker Room for Parent/Child pairing of the opposite.
- NEW Makeup Policy! We now offer ONE free makeup class per session. If you miss class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your makeup.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SWIM LESSONS IN 3 EASY STEPS!
- Call Sara to see if your child needs an evaluation. 973.366.1120 Ext. 31(Parent/Child and beginner swimmers do not need an evaluation)
- Fill out registration form. Email it to email@example.com or drop it off at the Y.
- You will receive email class confirmation so please provide a legible email address.
SPRING 2020 SWIM LESSONS: March 30-June 13, 2020 (No Class 5/22-5/25)
Regular Swim Lesson Prices: Effective March 12, 2020
|Full Member Swim Lesson Fee||$195|
|Basic Member Swim Lesson Fee||$235|
SWIM STARTERS Parent & Child Classes 6 mos.-5 years
A: WATER DISCOVERY (6 mos.-2 years) Introduces infants and toddlers to the aquatic environment.
B: WATER EXPLORATION (ages 2-5) Focuses on exploring body positions, blowing bubbles, and fundamental safety and aquatic skills.
SWIM BASICS 3-12 years
1: Water Acclimation (3-5 years) Increases comfort with underwater exploration and introduces basic self-rescue skills performed with assistance.
2: Water Movement (4-6 years) Encourages forward movement in water and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
3: Water Stamina (6-12 years) Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stages.
STROKE INTRODUCTION Ages 5-14
4A: Stroke Introduction (Ages 5-8): This stage introduces basic stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and reinforces water safety through treading water and elementary backstroke.
4B: Stroke Introduction (Ages 9-14): This stage introduces basic stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and reinforces water safety through treading water and elementary backstroke.
STROKE DEVELOPMENT Ages 6-14
5: Stroke Development (Ages 6-14): This stage introduces breaststroke and butterfly and reinforces water safety through treading water and sidestroke.
STROKE MECHANICS Ages 6-14
6: Stroke Mechanics (Ages 6-14) This stage refines stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Adult Swim Lessons 15+
Adults learn the fundamentals of swimming and are introduced to the water in a safe, comfortable environment. As you progress to the next level, technique and endurance are focused upon. Lessons are tailored to fit each individual's needs. Maximum of 3 participants per class.
Adult Beginner: Learn to feel comfortable in the water. Skills introduced include front float, front paddle stroke, back float, treading and elementary backstroke.
Adult Intermediate: This class introduces rotary breathing, overarm backstroke and elementary backstroke.
Private Swim Lessons
The Randolph YMCA offers private swim lessons for all ages.
Private swim lessons allow the participant to work at a personalized level to achieve swim goals. It is a good way to help swimmers focus on a particular skill, or to help overcome a fear of water.
Private swim lessons are available by appointment only. If you are interested, contact Sara at 973 366 1120 x31 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Fit/Pre Team
Swim Fit (Ages 6-16): This program is for the swimmer looking to improve their swimming skills or just stay in shape. The focus will be on stroke technique, racing skills, endurance and fitness. Swimmers will be given the same instruction as our swim team to better prepare them for competition in the future. Pre-Requisite: Must have completed Level 6 or above.
Spring Session Dates: March 31-June 13, 2020
|Tuesdays (Ages 8-16)||4:00-5:00 pm|
|Saturdays (Ages 6-10)||12:10-1:10 pm|
|Full Randolph YMCA Member||$180|
To register for multiple days, please contact email@example.com or 973.366.1120 Ext. 22