This is an American Red Cross Full-Certification for Waterfront Lifeguarding which will allow participants to work at indoor and outdoor pools as well as waterfronts.
UPCOMING WATERFRONT COURSE:
|March 24||5:00-9:00 pm|
|March 25||7:30 am-6:00 pm|
|March 26||7:30 am-6:00 pm|
Participants will learn the skills of Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED over the course of 2-in-person days and virtual session (blended learning) and is comprised of several steps:
- Swim 550 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. You should place your hands under your armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Your face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping your face at or near the surface so your are able to get a breath.
- You should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
4. Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence.
Blended Learning on-line training – you will be sent a link for an on-line training must be completed prior class and within 90 days of the course.
2-day (minimum) in-person class to review and assess skills and rescues, followed by written exam.
LIFEGUARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE UPON COMPLETION OF CERTIFICATION and recommendation to the Aquatics Supervisor.
After registering please do the following:
#1- Please call instructor at 973-366-1120 ext 35 and provide the following information:
- Full name of person TAKING the course, email, phone number and requested pre-test date.
#2- Schedule and complete a pre-test prior to attending the course:
- Pre-test appointments: You must email Kate@randolphymca.org to schedule an appointment for your pre-test. There is a $25 fee associated with this. If you are unable to complete the pre-test you will be refunded all but the $25.
#3-Complete your online blended learning prior to attending the in person portion.