WE WANT YOU TO WORK HERE
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working part-time at the Randolph Y, you'll discover more than a job - you'll enjoy the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
- Manages all functions of accounting and business operations, ensuring that legal and audit requirements are met, and that best practices and maximum efficiency are obtained.
- Implements appropriate systems and internal controls to adequately safeguard the YMCAs financial resources and to provide a solid basis for accurately reporting financial data.
- Manages the staff and oversees the operations of the accounting/finance, information systems, development, and other assigned departments.
- Monitors monthly financial operations, prepares analysis, and reports, and gives guidance to executive and operating staff. Works closely with operations staff on issues that affect financial outcome. Secures and allocates program or project resources so that strategic objectives can be achieved.
- May implement, manage, and oversee personnel and payroll administration including maintaining records and related systems.
- Actively engages in organizational goals and strategic plans for fundraising, fund development, and grant opportunities, while balancing long-term direction and short-term requirements. Leads the Development team in the creation of systems and management of resources needed to carry out fundraising plans. Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association.
- Develops performance indicators and measurement systems for tracking strategic plan objectives. Evaluates current business models and leads efforts to modify or redesign where necessary.
- Directs and coordinates association capital development, annual campaign, and endowment programs. Collects and maintains data on contracts and grants.
- Acts as primary staff liaison to the Finance Committee on the Board of Directors.
- Oversees and provides leadership to the annual budget process including issuing guidelines and procedures; training staff, auditing budgets, overseeing data input and preparing reports.
- Anticipates financial trends and their implications on the future of the organization.
- Actively engages the Board in challenging conversations and decision making to advance the Y’s impact.
- Manages the annual independent audit, the preparation of financial statements and the IRS 990 tax form. Prepares or oversees the preparation of required audit schedules; maintains records; acts as liaison with audit team.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of outside reports and filings for grant opportunities. Collects and maintains data on contracts and grants.
- Maintains all necessary reports and accounting reports and records all transactions on a timely basis.
- Communication and Influence
- Fiscal Management
- Program/Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or equivalent; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in accounting or financial management of a non-profit organization.
- General understanding of computer systems, system selection, and new system implementation. Expertise with computerized accounting systems and standard business software
- Familiarity with the principles of annual fundraising organizations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, volunteers, senior leaders, and the general public
- Previous experience in effectively managing a staff team
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of the YMCA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach. Must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Maintenance Technician: The Maintenance Technician is responsible maintaining the buildings and grounds of all YMCA sites, including reporting as needed to offsite facilities used for Summer Camp. This will include, but not limited to preventative
maintenance and daily work orders, risk management issues, general upkeep, and smooth/safe running of all mechanical equipment/repairs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Summer Camp Counselors: June 20-August 19, 2022. APPLY TODAY! Head Counselors 18+, Jr. Counselors 17 & Under. Email email@example.com
Summer Camp Bus Drivers: With a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and a clean driving record to drive campers to Hedden Park and field trips.
The Bus driver is responsible for the safe transport of the children in the programs to and from the YMCA for activities and trip. Clean driving history and CDL are required with School Bus and Passenger Endorsements. First Aid and CPR required. Trainings are offered at the Y. Participate in random drug and alcohol testing program.
When you join the Y team, you are joining a family that works together to serve the community through meaningful programs and services. We are a cause-driven organization devoted to strengthening the foundations of community, for a better tomorrow, for a better us.
Benefits include a free Employee membership to the Randolph YMCA, program discounts. and competitive compensation based on experience.
Bi-lingual welcomed. The Randolph YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background and reference checks will be conducted as part of the employment verification process.
Questions? Contact: Jennifer Patrick, Summer Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973 366 1120 Ext. 16
Swim Lesson Instructors: Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life? We have the job for you! Become a Randolph YMCA Swim Instructor! Make a difference in a child’s life by teaching them to become comfortable and safe in and around the pool. Teach them a skill we believe every child should be taught in a fun and safe environment. We will teach you our curriculum on site.
Requirements: 15 years and older
Part-Time Perks: Randolph YMCA Membership included upon hire. After 1 year of part-time work, you will receive a free family membership. A 50% off discount on any (1) program. Send employment application to email@example.com