Below policies effective 6/2020
At this time, we are unable to accommodate guests in our facilities in an effort to follow social distancing guidelines to keep our members and staff safe.
Daily Guest Fee=$15
No make-ups or refunds will be given to individuals missing classes or programs. Credits may be issued upon receipt of a doctor's note.
CLASS REFUND POLICY
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class or program if attendance or registration does not meet class quota. The full program fee will be returned to those who have paid. A refund will not be given unless the class is canceled by the YMCA.
Memberships are neither refundable nor transferable. Credits may be issued upon receipt of a doctor's note. Monthly dues are automatically withdrawn on the 1st or the 15th of each month. Members understand that termination requests require a 30 day written notice to Jordan at email@example.com before their next draft date.
CLASS RESERVATION POLICY-effective 6/8/2020
In order for the YMCA to maintain compliance with the Health Department and State of New Jersey guidelines, we will be requiring a reservation from members to attend outdoor group exercise classes. Reservations can be made 23 hours in advance to the start of the class. Your safety and the safety of others are our top priority. Please read the policies below and help us to provide programming in an equitable and safe way for all.
- You may reserve your slot 23 hours in advance, until 1 hour before scheduled start time.
- Reservations for outdoor group fitness classes will close 1 hour prior to the class start time or when full.
- You may only make a reservation for yourself.
- If you are unable to attend, please call the Welcome Center Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm to cancel your reservation, so other Members may participate.
Making A Reservation & Attending Group Exercise Classes
- Call the Welcome Center 973.366.1120 to reactivate your membership
- You will be assigned an online user (provide email address) and will receive an email to reset your password to log into your account
- Once logged in, go to the schedules tab on www.randolphymca.org
- Find the class you wish to participate in, click 'Reserve'
- Follow all prompts to reserve your spot.
- Your class will be added to your cart
- Scroll down and click the blue 'Complete' button
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email used to log into your account.
You may be asked to show proof of class reservation if you are not on the roster prior to the class.
Remember to bring your own towel, mat, and water to every class. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to go through a Health Screening/Temperature Check. A face covering is required until you get to your socially distant spot in the class and when exiting the class back to your car. Participants will not be let into class 5 minutes after the start of the class.
Remember to be respectful and mindful of social distancing at all times; members are asked not to congregate before or after class, and to properly wipe down your equipment before and after use.
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NATIONWIDE MEMBERS AT OUR FACILITY IN AN EFFORT TO FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES TO KEEP OUR MEMBERS AND STAFF SAFE.
The Nationwide Membership is available for active, full-facility, full-privilege Y members whose home Y (Randolph YMCA) participates in Nationwide Membership. Nationwide members can visit any participating YMCA in the United States and Puerto Rico at NO EXTRA CHARGE! To participate, members simply need to maintain an active membership at the Randolph YMCA; no additional fee is charged to participate. An additional waiver is required upon registration to participate in Nationwide.
The Welcome Center will provide all new members with a key tag as well as a text message or email with your barcode link for entrance into the building. Lost card fee=$10.
WEATHER RELATED CLOSINGS
In the event of inclement weather, the YMCA will make every effort to continue services at our facility. However, in certain conditions when safety becomes a concern, facility closure and program cancellations may be necessary. Information regarding building closures will be publicized through our website, social media (Facebook & Instagram), & email.
The Randolph YMCA, in keeping with its mission to help all people realize their fullest potential, encourages and supports the participation of all in YMCA programs. We serve all children, families and adults, regardless of gender, race, color, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability or language. Racism strikes against the very core of the YMCA's mission that everyone is entitled to build a healthy Spirit, Mind & Body. The Randolph YMCA stands with all our neighbors as ONE to seek justice, unity, peace, and the eradication of systematic racism. Let us not remain silent in words or actions as we work to create a move equitable community where we all learn, grow & thrive.
Please safeguard your belongings while on YMCA premises. Please keep items left in car out of sight and securely locked. The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Use of cameras and cell phones is not allowed on YMCA property including the locker rooms or bathroom areas.
Respect Fellow Members: Locker Rooms are NO PHONE ZONES. Cell phones are prohibited in all locker rooms. Cell phones are prohibited while using the Main Pool, Warm Water Pool, Hot Tub & Steam Room & Sauna. Video & photography are prohibited in the entire aquatic center, bleachers and pool decks at all times.
PLEASE NOTE: Children under the age of 18 are NOT PERMITTED in the men's and women's locker rooms. The Girls and Boys Locker Rooms are available children 17 and under as well as for parent/child pairings of the same sex. For parent/child pairings of the opposite sex, you may use the Sally Schenkman Family Locker Room.
SAUNA POLICY & RULES:
- Individuals at high risk (those taking prescription medications, high blood pressure, pregnant women, etc.) are advised to NOT use the sauna.
- Limit your time to a maximum of 10 minutes
- Do not use sauna alone. Another person must be physically present in the immediate area.
- Please remain upright. If you are lying down, staff cannot determine if you are conscious.
- No food, drink or gum is allowed. EATING IS STRICKLY PROHIBITED. Clear water only.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Shaving is not allowed
- Reading materials are not permitted
- DO NOT HANG YOUR TOWEL OR CLOTHES TO DRY-THIS IS AN EXTREME FIRE RISK.
- No street shoes-they track dirt from the outside.
- Use of body lotions, oils, menthol or suntan lotions is prohibited.
- Exercise is not allowed in the sauna
- You must sit on a towel if using the sauna nude. Workout clothing and sneakers brought into the Y in a gym bag are allowed.
- Do not use facilities while under the influence of anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, stimulants, alcohol, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers.
SAFETY FIRST-FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. THE DECISION OF THE LIFEGUARD IS FINAL.
HOT TUB & STEAM ROOM POLICY & RULES:
- Please take a cleansing shower before entering
- 10 Minutes Max
- You must be at least 18 years old to use the Hot Tub and Steam Room
- Exercise is unsafe and is not permitted in these facilities.
- PLEASE REMAIN UPRIGHT. If you are lying down, staff cannot determine if you are conscious.
- Those taking medications for high blood pressure, heart patients, & pregnant women are considered high risk and should not use these facilities.
- Appropriate swim-wear is required. Non-traditional swimsuits must be form fitting and made of a wicking material.
- Do not use the hot tub or steam room while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Obey the lifeguard at all times.
FAMILY SWIM RULES
You must obey the lifeguard at all times. You must pick up a wrist band at the front desk to gain entry into the pool. All children under the age of 12 must have a parent/guardian in the pool within arm's reach at all times. All children under the ae of 14 must pass a swim test and wear appropriate wrist band during family swim times. Personal floatation or toys of any kind are not allowed. Children must be at least 6 months of age to enter the pool. Approved swim diapers and vinyl swim pants must be worn by all children not potty trained. This is not Adult Open Fitness Time. All other pool rules apply. CELL PHONES ARE PROHIBITED IN ALL LOCKER ROOMS. VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY ARE PROHIBITED IN THE ENTIRE AQUATIC CENTER AT ALL TIMES.
When a child is picked up, they will be signed out indicating what time they leave. There is a two hour maximum that a child can be left in the kid zone. Charges will be based on the time spent as stated below:
- The fee is $5.00 per per visit with a maximum of 2 hours.
- Payment must be made at the Welcome Center prior to dropping your child off.
Small food snacks or bottles of milk or juice may be brought in by the parent to be given to their children. They should be labeled with their child’s name. THE KID ZONE IS ROOM PEANUT FREE. Children must be at least 3 months old and no older than 11 to be in the kid zone. The kid zone staff have the right to refuse admittance to protect the other children using the facility. If your child has been exposed to any communicable disease, please inform our staff as soon as possible so that other parents may be aware of the same. We follow NJ State standards in regards to health, so please do not drop your child off if they are sick.
- Parents are required to stay in the building and must be accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Kid Zone Staff will not change diapers or bottle feed your child, therefore please be sure that your child is comfortable before you leave.
- After 10 minutes of crying, parents will be paged from their class or activity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All participants should recognize that the Randolph YMCA is dedicated to the welfare of all participants. In order to maintain a consistent and cooperative environment, the Management of the YMCA asks that all of the participants at this facility:
- Refrain from the use of foul language, abusive actions or inappropriate behavior
- Recognize that sportsmanlike conduct, fair play and a cooperative attitude govern behavior at all times.
The Y reserves the right to suspend membership privileges, without refund, of any member who:
- Aids in the unauthorized entrance of non-members
- Becomes physically or verbally abusive to other members or staff
- Disregards posted rules and regulations.
WE ARE A GLASS FREE FACILITY.
All emergency exits are clearly marked; please familiarize yourself with their locations. If the fire alarm does sound, please stop all activity and exit the building.